The Student Health Center Pharmacy carries a small formulary of ADD/ADHD medications
Prescriptions from an Outside Provider
- SHC Pharmacy can accept legal prescriptions from doctors from Alabama and other states.
- CII prescriptions (Adderall, Vyvanse, etc.) must be original paper prescriptions presented by the patient to the pharmacy. CII prescriptions may not be called in, faxed, or mailed to the SHC Pharmacy. New law legalized e-prescribing CII prescriptions, if the doctor is credentialed and authenticated in the e-prescription system per the DEA guidelines.
- CII prescriptions take time. If your prescription is written by your home doctor, please consider the amount of time it will take to receive a prescription when getting ready for your next fill.
- Prescriptions (written papers or filled prescriptions) cannot be mailed to the SHC Pharmacy. If prescriptions must be mailed, mail them to the patient directly.
Student Health Center Clinic Prescriptions
- The SHC clinic offers psychiatric care to students who have been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD and also those who need testing and evaluation. Students may find that using the psychiatric care of the SHC is convenient for them, because they will be able to get their prescriptions written here at school.
Prescription Pick Up
- SHC Pharmacy requires proper identification in order to pick up all CII prescriptions. Student must provide a photo ID (driver’s license OR ACTion card) and their social security number OR driver’s license.
- If the student is unable to pick up their prescription in person, they may send someone to pick it up for them. This person must have their own photo ID as well as the student’s ID and a letter from the student stating that they may pick up the prescription.
- Many ADHD treatments are controlled prescription medications. They are often sold illegally and therefore, at high risk for theft. These medications should be stored securely, to prevent loss of medication. Prescription medications should never be shared and should only be used by person to whom they are prescribed.
- Please feel free to contact the pharmacy staff if you have any questions, at 205-348-6276.